Monday, July 09, 2012

Babies 7,8, and 9: Three Times The Love

The day Alpha came back from boarding school was the day I promised the kids they could age up. I bought four cakes(Lucas wasn't old enough to blow out candles yet) and set them on the counter. The older girls went first.

Alpha grew up to be a very talented young woman. That boarding school definitely paid off because she learned many useful skills to help her in her singing career. She already has three gigs scheduled!

Zola's after school art classes really helped her boost her talent for painting. She is now in the Fashion career designing clothes. As you can see, her hair is black again.

Fern and Fiona went next. 

Fern grew up to look much more like her father. She had his squinty eyes, lips, and head shape.
Fiona now looked more like me. She had her father's hair color and my mom's purple eyes, but other than that she had my features. She was a beautiful young woman.
Lucas aged into a handsome little boy who already had the girls chasing after him. He was very laid back and not much bothered him.

The second my girls were adults they called for a taxi to pick them up and take them to their new home. They were going to be staying with some friends from school.

I hugged both of them and I got a little teary eyed. They were the very beginning of this challenge. It was so hard seeing them go.

They left home at night and waved through the window of the taxi. They promised they would call as much as they could.

After the girls left, I painted for quite some time. When I finally finished, it was after midnight. I didn't realize how tired I was until I changed to go to sleep.

I sleepily walked to my bedroom and fell fast asleep.

Since Lucas was the only boy, he had a room all to himself. He loved it! He wanted to be an astronaut so the theme of the boys room was perfect for his interests. 

The following morning I found him jumping on the trampoline. Now that he was old enough I let him on. He loved it as much as Alpha and Zola did. Maybe even more!

When I woke up it was around 9:30. Normally I would be up much earlier, but with no toddlers in the house I was able to sleep in. It had been awhile since I'd been able to do that. I decided to call Matthew and let him know I would be scheduling an appointment at the hospital for 12 o'clock today. He said he'd be there. 
He asked how I was doing and I said I was fine. I hadn't gotten a chance to speak to him since the morning I woke up in his house. I guess I've been preoccupied with the kids. After I hung up I went to my bedroom to get dressed.
I met Matthew at the hospital at quarter to twelve. The appointment went smoothly. He donated his sperm and, well, you know how it works. 

Afterwards when we walked outside he asked me a question that I never thought I would hear.
"Do you mind if I'm involved in the baby's life?" I was stunned. I never expected a father to ask me that. At the same time though, it made me feel happy. He wants to really be a father. Not just a donor. 
"Of course!" I replied. "I would love that." I smiled at him. He might not have realized it, but he definitely won me over.
"Oh, good. I thought you wouldn't want that. I wasn't sure if you wanted any contact with the fathers but I'm glad you agree." He seemed genuinely happy at my answer. I said goodbye and started to walk to my car when he stopped me. 
"Hey Chloe? I was heading over to the Bistro for lunch. Would you like to join me?" He asked. 
I thought about it for a second. "Sure Matthew. I'd love to." 

While we ate I listened to him talk. He told me about his childhood and what it was like to be a challenge "baby". He said it was terrific to be able to have so many brothers and sisters around. There was always something new to learn or teach to a younger sibling. It was a great experience. 

"What number baby were you?" I asked him.
"Forty-seven." He replied. 
"Wow. Your mother must be pretty far in her challenge by now."
"Oh yea. She's expecting her 88th and 89th babies."
"That's amazing! She's almost finished!"
"I know. I'm interested to see what she does after she finishes. What are you going to do after you finish?"
"Hmm", I started. "I'm not sure. I hope to get married."
"That's a great plan. You deserve a nice guy. Any guy would be lucky to have you." His eyes sparkled when he said that. 

When we were finished eating we headed to our cars. He was kind enough to pay the bill which made me blush. 
"I had a great time, Chloe. We should do this again some time."
"I agree."
After we exchanged goodbyes I hopped in my car. As soon as I saw him drive away I bit my lip and held back a smile. I felt like a love struck teenager. I giggled to myself. I felt like in idiot. But it was a great feeling.

The second I got home I vomited in the toilet. That's something I would definitely never get used to.

Afterwards I played the piano for a bit and improved my skill level. I was starting to get good!

I then did the laundry. Now with only three kids in the house there wasn't as much!

The next day when I went outside to read on the porch, baby #7 announced itself. I immediately changed into some maternity clothes. 

I then sat down to begin reading and became absorbed in the book. I must have zoned out for quite a while because when Lucas came up to me it scared me half to death.

"Mom?" He asked. "Can I ask you something?"
"Sure honey. Come sit next to me. What's up?"

"Well, all the other kids at school have dads and I don't. They are always talking about going to the stadium to see games and playing catch with their dads. It got me thinking. Why don't I have a dad?" He looked at me with those big purple eyes. They were full of wonder and curiousity.

"Well honey, you do have a dad. He just doesn't live with us." That was the best I could come up with? I wanted to smack my forehead!
"Why not, mom? Doesn't he love me?"
"Oh Lucas, of course he loves you! It's just that he doesn't live with us because I'm a challenge mother. Remember? I told you about the challenge before. Your dad loves you so much. He would live with us if he could. He's a great man. I'm sure he would love to meet you. How about I give you his phone number and you can call him?"

"Really, mom? I can call him? Thanks! That means a lot to me! Maybe I can meet him!" Excitement filled his face.
"It's alright with me." I smiled at his enthusiasm.

He jumped up and immediately gave me a hug. After he went back inside I thought about the conversation. The kids really did need a father figure...

After the chat with Lucas I changed and got into my car. I had been invited to Erin Kennedy's party tonight. Erin had been my baby sitter when she was in high school and I was a toddler. She recently moved into a new house and was having a house warming party. I had picked up a gift for her on my way there. It had been years since I'd seen her.

Right when I arrived she came outside to greet me.
"Chloe? There's no way that can be you! You've grown so much!" She gave me a quick hug.
I laughed. "It's me. I swear."

"What have you been up to lately?" She asked me.
"Well, actually I'm a challenge mother. I'm expecting my 7th baby soon."
"Really? That's great! Congratulations! You look amazing. You've had how many kids? You're still so skinny like you always were."
"Thanks Erin. I'm lucky to have the metabolism I have."

I then gave her the present I bought and she was grateful.

After talking to Erin for a bit more I went inside. I had a slice of pizza, met some of Erin's friends, and played with her dog. Maybe I should get a dog...

The second I got home I climbed into bed and fell asleep. It was only 10 o'clock, but I wanted to start my day early tomorrow.

The next morning I called Matthew.
"Hey, it's Chloe."
"Hi Chloe! What's up?" He always sounded so happy.
"I was going to the beach today and I wanted to know if you would join me." I wanted to add that it could be a date but he beat me to it.
"You mean as a date?" His voice brightened when he said that.
"Yea, as a date. The kids are going to Simfest today with some of their friends so I have all the time in the world."
"I would love to."
"Great! How's 11:30?"
"Perfect. See you then." After I hung up I thought I should change but I changed my mind. I was pregnant. There's not that much in my closet that is flattering on me when I'm huge.

I got in my car and drove to the beach.

The second I got there Matthew waved from the other side of the beach. He ran over.
"Hey. You look great!" He said.
"Thanks. Do you want to feel the baby?" I asked him.
"Is it ok with you? I mean, if it makes you feel uncomfortable..."
"Matthew, I don't care. I actually want you to. You're the father. There might be more than one in there too..."
"You think so?" He asked.
'Well, I've already had two sets of twins so I think I'm pretty experienced when it comes to predicting the number of babies." I laughed and he laughed too.
"I felt a kick!" He shouted. His excitement amused me.

 "I almost forgot." He said. He pulled out a bundle of red roses and held them out to me.
"Oh Matthew! You didn't need to get these for me!"
"Sure I did. It's our first date. I wanted to make it special." He smiled.
"How did you get them so fast anyway? I only called you ten minutes ago."
"Eh, I know a guy." We both laughed.

I smelled the roses.
"Well anyway, they're lovely. Thank you." He seemed happy with my reaction.
After he asked me how the kids were doing and how the pregnancy was going he offered to sit with me on the beach. I graciously accepted.

We got as close to the waves as we could without getting wet. The sand was warm, there was a slight breeze, and the air smelled like the sea. It was perfect. I laid in his arms and I felt safe. I couldn't help but smile to myself. It was all so... comfortable. I had never felt that way with someone before.

We gazed out to the ocean for what seemed to be hours. We didn't even need to speak. There was nothing to say. The feeling was mutual. I could tell.

After laying there for a while we changed into a more comfortable position. Matthew gently laid his hand on my protruding stomach. I looked up into his eyes and smiled. We sat there like that for quite awhile until I realized the time.
"Matthew? I'm sorry. I need to go. The kids will be coming home soon." I said this with a bit of sadness in my voice.
"It's fine Chloe. I understand. I had a wonderful time though."

What he did next surprised me. He placed a quick, soft, gentle kiss on my lips. I loved it.

I pulled him in to a hug and thanked him.

When I got home Fiona was walking through the kitchen when she stopped and stared at me.
"What's wrong with you mom?" She asked.
"What do you mean?" I answered.
"You met a guy! Didn't you?"
"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I didn't want the kids getting excited if it turned out to be nothing. I sure hoped it was something!
"Oh, just stop. Give me details!" I sighed. I gestured for the couch and told Fiona everything.
"That's so adorable!" She squealed.

After talking to Fiona I went to the bathroom to take a nice hot shower. My back was killing me and the water soothed the pain.
The following morning I had hoped to spend time with the kids before they went to school but I went into labor. I told them to have a good day and then went into my room where I gave birth to three, yes I said three, bundles of joy. My first set of triplets!

Baby #7 Calista Moreau after her grandmother Calista Smith. Read Calista's challenge here.

Baby #8 Primrose Moreau. Primrose is the name of a pale, yellow flower.

And baby #9 Mason Moreau. Mason means "hard worker." After the babies were born I immediately called Matthew.
"Chloe, Is everything ok?"
"It's triplets Matthew. We had triplets." I couldn't hide the elation from my voice.

6 comments:

  1. How very sweet. I sense that Chloe has a little bitty crush on a certain Smith boy.

    Lots of love from Skye Louise Everard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes she does :) Thanks for commenting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! this post is soo sweet! :3 And it looks like Chloe has a crush on someone ;D haha great post! <3


    ~Kaitlyn Thomas AKA Alina Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how romantic and sweet Matthew is. Eep, I'm so happy that you decided to use him in the plot. :D

    ~Calista Smith

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am too :D I love writing about the two of them. I'm glad you like it :)

    ~Chloe

    ReplyDelete